Expression of interest: Lungs in Action instructor
Central and Eastern Sydney PHN are seeking a minimum of 2 Accredited Exercise Physiologists (AEPs) or Registered Physiotherapists to facilitate Active Living fitness classes at venues in the Sutherland and Canterbury Local Government Areas (LGA).
The classes have been running since August 2017 and will continue until the end of June 2018. Instructors will be paid to complete the Lungs in Action Full Instructor Training Package, including their course fees, and for 10 hours of online theory and 10 hours of practical placements.
The training to be provided to the successful respondents will be in held at the Canterbury Hospital. To be considered for this opportunity, you must be available to undertake the 10 hours of practical training at the Canterbury Hospital heart failure and pulmonary rehabilitation services during morning sessions before 22 December 2017.
To be successful, a respondent must be able to lead new classes being established in Riverwood, and/or be available to back-fill at the following locations.
Venue, day and time
- Riverwood: Monday and Wednesday, 10 am - 11.30 am
- Engadine: Tuesday and Thursday, 10.30 am - 12 pm
- Miranda: Wednesday, 10.30 am - 12 pm
- Cronulla: Thursday, 10 am - 11.30 am
- Menai: Monday 11.15 am - 12.45 pm and Friday 11.30 am - 1 pm
- Canterbury: Wednesday 9.00 am - 10.30 am and Friday 12.30 am - 2 pm
- Lakemba: Monday 10 am - 11.30 am
Successful respondents must present certificates of currency for the following insurances:
- Public Liability insurance: $10 million
- Professional Indemnity Insurance: $5 million
Instructors must also attend a meeting every month with the Staying Well at Home management team at CESPHN’s offices in either Kogarah or Ashfield, for which they will be remunerated.
How to apply
Please submit the application form by 12 am (midnight) Sunday 10 December 2017.