Chronic Wound Education Night
- Professor Anand Deva - Cosmetic, Plastic, Reconstructive and Hand Surgery
- Matthew Wilson - Clinical Nurse Consultant Wounds
- 15 February 2018
- 6 pm - 8 pm
- Sutherland Hospital - Tele and video conferencing are available, please RSVP for details.
For more information or to RSVP check the flyer for details
Palliative Care Courses
The Cunningham Centre for Palliative Care are running a number of courses from March 2018 - October 2018.
- Palliative Care Perspectives
- Symptom Management in Palliative Care
- Introduction to Grief and Bereavement
- Advanced Care Planning
- Psychological Care for people who are Bereaved
For more details on the courses or to register see the flyer.
Introduction to the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) for Allied Health Professions - free online course
Presented by Allied Health Professions Australia this free online course aims to provide a detailed introduction to the NDIS for allied health professionals.
The course is comprised of four modules:
- Module 1 – Overview of the NDIS for Allied Health Professionals
- Module 2 – NDIS Participant Plans, Goals, Outcomes and Supports
- Module 3 – An Introduction to NDIS-funded Supports
- Module 4 – My NDIS Pathway – How Allied Health Professionals provide Supports
Intellectual Disability Mental Health e-Learning
Currently available online
3DN provides free eLearning about intellectual disability to professionals, carers and consumers. These courses aim to improve your knowledge, skills and confidence to create better mental health and wellbeing for people with an intellectual disability.
For more details, visit www.idhealtheducation.edu.au
Child Protection eLearning modules for mandatory reporters now available (webinars)
A series of child protection eLearning modules is now available on the NGO Learning Centre Websites for mandatory reporters across FACS Divisions, other government agencies and non-government organisations:
- Building Effective Working Relationships with Clients - Learn about the importance of client engagement and tips to engage children. Develop skills to build effective relationships with clients, including communication and Plain English skills.
- Building Further Engagement - Learn about client, worker and organisational barriers to client engagement; strategies to use when working with challenging clients; and how to maintain client engagement.
- Effective Engagement with Aboriginal Clients - Develop your cultural competency and skills to engage effectively with Aboriginal clients. Learn about the history of the Aboriginal people and its impact and ways to effectively engage with Aboriginal organisations and communities.
- Effective Engagement with Clients from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Backgrounds - Develop your cultural competency, knowledge and skills to engage effectively with culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) clients. Learn about barriers faced by CALD clients, including language barriers and the impacts of migration, settlement and trauma. Discover practical strategies for working with CALD clients.
- Making Effective Referrals - This module provides referral guidance and tips for workers who come into contact with children, their carers and/or their families. Learn when to make a referral; where to refer - including Family Referral Services; and how to make effective referrals.
- Signs of Alcohol and Other Drug Use and Withdrawal - Build your capacity and confidence to engage with and support vulnerable children, young people and their families by learning about the impact of alcohol and other drugs; the signs of withdrawal; how to work with clients who have problematic alcohol and/or other drug use - including monitoring and responding to risk concerns for children and young people whose parents or carers use substances.
Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse - Giving evidence and supporting people engaging with the Royal Commission - Gain an overview of some important aspects of the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse, including its purpose; how information and evidence are gathered; what you need to know if you are called to be a witness; how to support those who may be affected by the Royal Commission.
Black Dog Institute Blog for health professionals - "Being Well"
The blog focusses on a wide range of issues related to mental health and wellbeing, which health professionals can freely access here - https://www.medcast.com.au/black-dog-institute-blog
External education opportunities
- Andrology Australia - online education for GPs, Primary Health Care Nurses and Aboriginal Health Workers
- Anxiety Education for Health Professionals
- APNA online learning - flexible learning with courses designed for primary health care nurses
- Australian Society for Psychological Medicine
- Australian Point of Care Practitioners Network
- Black Dog Institute
- College of Nursing Education
- CVC Program Training
- GP Learning Available to members of RACGP
- Kidney Check Australia Taskforce (KCAT)
- Medcast - CPD accredited courses, events and webinars
- Mind Performance
- NPS Medicinewise
- NSW Institute of Psychiatry
- Practice Nursing Info
- Australian Institute for Relationship Studies
- The Benchmarque Group: Clinical Health - Available Courses
- Think GP education - Free education for GPs and Nurses