Continuing Professional Development
CESPHN CPD events
Central and Eastern Sydney PHN (CESPHN) provides a range of educational activities for GPs, AHPs and practice staff that focus on relevant clinical and practice support areas in general practice, allied health, network related projects as well as considering the health profile of the local community. Further information on the new triennium is available at RACGP or by contacting CESPHN.
Click here for upcoming events
CESPHN offers organisations an opportunity to participate in a range of GP CPD education events through event sponsorship. These opportunities provide a unique platform to reach more than 6,000 General Practitioners and other Health Care Professionals including allied health providers, practice managers and other industry stakeholders in the central and eastern Sydney region.
Sponsorship benefits include:
- Showcasing your products/ services
- Networking opportunities with attendees
- Brand awareness and exposure
- Developing brand loyalty and generation of new business opportunities.
To find out more about sponsorship opportunities and upcoming events please contact the sponsorship coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
CESPHN CPD Event Policies
CESPHN offers a wide range of education events across our region to support primary health care providers working within our PHN boundaries. CESPHN would like to remind stakeholders of the following policies which apply to our CPD program:
- Please ensure that you register for all events you wish to attend. Registration is accepted on a first-come, first-served basis and many events have a maximum number of people which can be accepted due to venue size and catering arrangements. We recommend that individuals register early to avoid disappointment.
- Please check the target audience prior to registering for an event. Many of our events are targeted to a specific audience group – for example, GPs only or Practice Managers only. If you do not fall into the target audience, we may not be able to accept your registration.
- In the event that a CPD session is fully booked, you will be informed of this and given the option to have your name placed on a waitlist. If there are any cancellations, people on the waitlist will be contacted in order and slotted into the event.
- Registrations are preferred either:
- When registering, please ensure you include an email address (that you regularly check) and/or a contact number with your registration in case the CPD team needs to contact you about your registration, and to ensure you receive reminder notifications about the event.
- You will receive a confirmation email from the CPD team within two business-days of your registration. This confirmation will include all event details including location, time and parking information.
- If you do not receive a confirmation email, this may indicate that the team have not received your registration. In this case, please contact the CPD team on 9799 0933 (Ashfield office) or 9330 9900 (Kogarah office), or email email@example.com
- CPD events (excluding CPR) are generally free of charge for GPs and Allied Health Professionals practicing within the CESPHN boundaries who are a financial member of their local GP or Allied Health network. For information regarding membership please refer to GP Network Membership Information or the Central and Eastern Sydney Allied Health Network for Allied Health Professionals. Alternatively, you can contact the Member Support Program Officer on 9799 0933 for further information. Please note at this point in time, events are free of charge (excluding CPR) for GP registrars, practice nurses, practice managers and practice administrative staff.
- Due to high demand for our CPD events, we may not always be able to accommodate people who ‘show up’ at the event without having received a confirmation of registration.
- Cancellation policy: If you are unable to attend an event you have registered for, please contact the CPD team at your earliest convenience to cancel your booking. This allows us to ensure correct catering requirements, and have the opportunity to offer a place to individuals who may be on a wait list for the event.
- Our team sends event reminders via email (usually 48 hours prior to the event) and SMS (usually on the day of the event) providing we have this contact information on file. Please ensure we have your correct contact information (email address or mobile number) to ensure you receive this information.
If you have any further questions about the CESPHN CPD Program, please contact our CPD team on 9330 9900 (Kogarah office) or 9799 0933 (Ashfield office), or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP) CPD Requirements
2017 marks the start of a new triennium - the RACGP 2017-2019 Quality Improvement and Continuing Professional Development (QI&CPD) Program for the 2017–19 triennium. Minimum requirements for this triennium are:
- Completion of 130 points of accredited education, including:
- 1 x Category 1 Activity (40 points)
- 1 x CPR Activity
- The new PLAN (planning learning and need) Category 1 Quality Improvement (QI) activity
For more information, please consult the RACGP links below. For assistance completing the PLAN activity, please contact the RACGP NSW Office on 9886 4700.