Our baseline needs assessment was submitted to the Department of Health on 30 March 2016. The needs assessment was undertaken in partnership with South Eastern Sydney Local Health District, Sydney Local Health District, St Vincent’s Hospital Network and Sydney Children’s Hospital Network.
The report identifies the health needs and health service needs of the central and eastern Sydney community, and is used to help us prioritise our activities.
This is an iterative process, with our needs assessment to be updated on an ongoing basis.
- CESPHN Baseline Needs Assessment - March 2016
- CESPHN Alcohol and Other Drugs Needs Assessment - April 2016
- CESPHN Mental Health and Suicide Prevention Needs Assessment - April 2016
- CESPHN Community forums summary report - March 2016
- CESPHN Summary of one on one consultations - March 2016
- CESPHN Community forums detailed report - March 2016
- CESPHN Forum presentation on Mental Health and Suicide Prevention - April 2016
- CESPHN Forum presentation on Drug and Alcohol - April 2016
Our annual planning is informed by a range of influences including:
- PHN objectives
- our needs assessment
- the commissioning landscape
- PHN Performance Framework
- PHN Evaluation Framework; and
- health sector reforms
We submitted our initial activity work plans to the Department of Health on 6 May 2016.
- CESPHN Core and Flexible Funding Activity Work Plan 2016 – 2018 - August 2016
- CESPHN Drug and Alcohol Treatment Activity Work Plan 2016 – 2019 - December 2016
- CESPHN Integrated Team Care Funding Activity Work Plan 2016 – 2017 - September 2016
- CESPHN Mental Health Activity Work Plan 2016 – 2017 - August 2016
Understanding our region
Under the priority area of services for high needs populations and increasing service capacity, CESPHN seeks to identify strategies to improve access to treatment services for families, and enhance withdrawal service referral pathways and aftercare.
To inform this work CESPHN commissioned NADA to undertake a mapping project. The full report and executive summary can be downloaded below.
Executive Summary: Alcohol and Other Drug Treatment Services - Sector Mapping Report September 2017
Full report: Alcohol and Other Drug Treatment Services - Sector Mapping Report September 2017